2015 Vision Board
It's that time of the year again. It's resolution time. For me, that means making a vision board. This has an annual tradition for me since 2012, when I landed a speaking opportunity at BlogHer Food, just under 3 weeks after I made my first vision board. Plus, being a visual person, I love being able to look back at my vision board throughout the year to check on my progress and to find some inspiration. Here’s a look back at 2014‘s vision board: Left to Right, Top to Bottom: 1. Begin working on getting my rescue diver SCUBA certification - This one will have to be revisited in a couple years.
2. Launch a children’s product business - done, website launched
3. Eat a healthier, more plant-based diet - not as much as I would've liked
4. Continue growing as a mom to a toddler - and still learning everyday
5. Inspiring quote, don’t ya think?
6. Learn to sew properly on a machine
7. Start playing tennis again - done, joined a community ALTA team
8. Run bitch - done, earned a 5K PR
9. Plan and grow a large backyard garden - done
Now, on to 2015:
My friend, Robyn, challenged her blog readers to choose one word to focus on for their New Year's resolution, and to apply to how they approach the upcoming year. I just loved this idea, so the word that I'm choosing for 2015 is: passion.
When I was younger (think: 5 years ago), I used to do so many things with passion. I knew the things I was passionate about and I pursued goals with passion. So, what happened?
The burden of building a business in areas that I was not passionate about has jaded me. It's not convenient for me to take dance classes anymore with the responsibility of being a mother to a toddler. Morning sickness, fatigue and nausea have deterred me from exploring new restaurants and being inventive with new recipes.
The more I thought about these reasons, or should they be called excuses, the more I've realized that I need to find the passion in my life again. That it's entirely possible to be passionate about what I do. I just need to set my mind to it.
So, here is this year's vision board, put together with images from my updated Pinterest board.
Left to Right, Top to Bottom:
1. Create and preserve more memories.
2. Eat healthier, and more of a plant-based diet.
3. Grow our family.
4. Improve upon my sewing skills, learn to quilt.
5. Passion. My word for the year.
6. Publish a book.
7. Continue playing tennis, perhaps start teaching Mini-me to play this spring.
8. Run bitch.
9. Beautify the yard around our house, gardening both flowers and vegetables.