As small business owners, we’re all incredibly busy, but we also need ways to improve our online marketing. In this digital age, you need to have a solid digital marketing plan to super charge the growth of your business.
Luckily, there are a few things that you can quickly implement to plant the seeds to grow your business before the new year starts.
10 Quick Digital Marketing Tips
You can implement these pretty quickly to improve your small business’ online marketing today:
1. Research your competition – what are they doing well, what are you doing better, what could you do better than them?
2. Have you updated your website in the past 2-3 years? No? Then it might be time to polish that baby up. Most (99.9999% of) prospective clients and customers will check out your website before approaching you.
3. Mobile friendly – most people browse on their phones, make sure your website is mobile friendly to reduce bounce rate.
4. Business Blog – for SEO, credibility, and to set you apart from your competition.
5. Be Consistent – if you don’t have a big enough team to do this internally, look for outside help!
6. Tell Your Story – “People don’t buy things and services, they buy relations, stories, and magic.” – Seth Godin. Tell people why they should care about your brand, make them care about your story, and they will come buy your products without you having to “sell” to them.
7. Be Social – just having social media accounts for your business isn’t enough. Social media needs to be just that: social. Interact with your customers, interact with potential customers, get the conversation going!
8. Strong CTAs – Use strong, actionable call to actions in your ads: “Get 50% off coupon,” “Shop now”, etc.
9. Keyword research – SEMRush is my favorite tool for this. Look at the search volume for keywords that are relevant to your business. No need to bid on words that people aren’t searching for! Also sneak on your competitors and see what keywords are working for them!
10. Correct Landing Pages – when a potential customer clicks on an ad, make sure the page that that land on shows the same product that is shown in the ad, and not your homepage.