I have already made my vision board for the new year, but when I saw my friend, Esther's 16 in 2016 list, I was inspired to make my own.
If there's anything Esther and I both love, it's making lists. Does anyone else do this? I just love planning my year out and figuring out what I want to accomplish.
These goals are essentially my vision board, broken down into more specific and manageable tasks.
1. Speak more Mandarin to my girls.
2. Teach my oldest daughter to swim this summer.
3. Eat healthier:
- soda or sweet tea once a week in Jan, then once every two weeks for rest of the year
- same for desserts
- fast food (Chick-Fil-A) once a week
- no French fries
4. Plant a fruit tree in the backyard this spring
5. Grow vegetables and herbs in our garden to cook with in the spring and summer
6. Vacation at a new Caribbean island
7. Visit a US city that we haven't been to before
8. Run a 5k race in under 30 min
9. PR in the Peachtree Road Race
10. PR in the Atlanta Half Marathon: shouldn't be too big of a stretch since I sucked it up real bad when I ran it in 2010.
11. Lose 15 pounds by Dec 31, 2016
12. Work on rescue diver certification - finish online e-course
13. Get CPR and First Aid certified
14. Learn conversational French - work my way through Duolingo
15. Get Google Analytics certification
16. Get Google AdWords certification